Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dismantling Terrorism

I recently returned from the 2008 Academy Assembly at the Air Force Academy. The purpose of the event is to produce national policy reccommendations on a certain topic to the U.S. Government from undergraduate college students. This year's topic was "Dismantling Terrorism".

It was an amazing experience and one that I truly will never forget. The reccommendations that ended up in the final report weren't all I thought they should have been, but I was inspired by the whole event. I will be producing (in a while... way too overloaded right now) a longer blog that will go more in depth on what have put together on the subject.

The whole thing was also very controversal. Below you will find the link to the New York Times article published as a result of the the Assembly. Shortly there after, Steven Emerson, who was our banquet speaker wrote in article in response. It is also linked below. It was definitely an amazing experience and something I will definitely never forget.

Read the New York Times Article.

Read Steven Emerson's Reponse.

Check back for more on Dismantling Terrorism.

No comments: