Thursday, January 24, 2008

Humor: The Warning You Never Hear

All of us have heard of the dangers of texting while driving. I of course think that this activity is horribly dangerous and really would like to avoid doing it... But unfortunately my will power isn't strong enough to prevent me from such reckless behavior and sometimes I find myself texting while driving a car. But that is not the warning I am here to share with you today. Instead I would like to share with you the dangers of texting while driving a shopping cart...

The other day I was in Wal-Mart late at night (which is really the only time I ever go to Wal-Mart... good thing they're open 24 hours...) intently looking for certain items in various places throughout the store. Then I started getting text messages. Other then waste time by stopping to reply I made the decision to text while moving with the cart. Bad choice... Through the remainder of my visit I crashed into several end cap displays knocking merchandise onto the floor and eventually crashed into a couple little kids... That wasn't good at all. At that point I realized that people needed to know the dangers of texting while driving a shopping cart. Don't do it and don't let your friends do it!!! Enough said.

P.S. – I am having difficulty typing at the moment due to a slight injury to my thumb that required much waiting at the emergency room only to just end up going somewhere else… But that is a different story for a different time… Probably when I can type better…

No comments: